PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
PO 1. Critical Thinking
1. Acquire the ability to apply the basic tenets of logic and science to thoughts, actions and
2. Develop the ability to chart out a progressive direction for actions and interventions by
learning to recognize the presence of hegemonic ideology within certain dominant notions.
3. Develop self-critical abilities and also the ability to view positions, problems and social issues
from plural perspectives.
PO 2. Effective Citizenship
1. Learn to participate in nation building by adhering to the principles of sovereignty of the
nation, socialism, secularism, democracy and the values that guide a republic.
2. Develop and practice gender sensitive attitudes, environmental awareness, the ability to
understand and resist various kinds of discriminations and empathetic social awareness about
various kinds of marginalisation.
3. Internalise certain highlights of the nation’s and region’s history. Especially of the freedom
movement, the renaissance within native societies and the project of modernisation of the postcolonial society.
PO 3. Effective Communication
1. Acquire the ability to speak, write, read and listen clearly in person and through electronic
media in both English and in one Modern Indian Language
2. Learn to articulate analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of situations and themes in a wellinformed manner.
3. Generate hypothesis and articulate assent or dissent by employing both reason and creative
PO 4. Interdisciplinarity
1. Perceive knowledge as an organic comprehensive, interrelated and integrated faculty of the
2. Understand the issues of environmental contexts and sustainable development as a basic
interdisciplinary concern of all disciplines.
3. Develop aesthetic, social, humanistic and artistic sensibilities for problem solving and
evolving a comprehensive perspective.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES OF
Bachelor of Business Administration Programme
Gain knowledge and skills in the areas of Management principles and practices, finance,
human resource management and marketing
Acquire knowledge in accounting principles and practices and its application in real
Apply concepts, theories, tools and techniques of statistics, information techniques,
economics and numerical skills for decision making
Build entrepreneurial spirit, develop research attitude and entrepreneurial competencies
and managerial abilities