The Cell caters to the information needs of the students relating to various courses and career
opportunities. The main functions of the Cell are :
Convener : Dr.Swarupa.R. – (Asso. Professor in Commerce) Members:
- To organize seminars, coaching classes for competitive exams and soft skill training programmes for the students.
- To provide career and placement guidance
- To provide a reference collection of career books.
- To provide training programme for ‘Entry into Service’
Highlights of Programmes Organized :
- Mrs.Sapna P – (Asst. Professor in Physics)
- Mr.Rejeesh.E. – (Asst. Professor in Computer Science)
- Mrs.Anupama.M. – (Asst. Professor in Computer Science)
- Ms. Vidya T M – (Asst. Professor in Mathematics)
- Mrs. Shyma N – (Asst. Professor in Commerce)
- Sri.SunilKumar.K.M – Librarian
- One day workshop on ‘motivation’ for the final year students.
- Awareness class on MBA Entrance Examination
- Campus placement readiness workshop
- Felicitation to ISS Topper – Dona Francis
- Workshop on attitude and motivation – For I Semester studentss
- A class on ACCA, CA and other professional courses.
- ‘Interviews and Placements’
- Research Methodology – Data collection and Analysis
- Campus placement Drive
- Online entrance Examination for placement in MNCs.
- Women Empowerment Programme
- As part of the ‘Earn While Learn Project’ 18 students were able to get part time jobs
- 5 students are placed in MNCs through campus placement programme.
- Creation of Data base of final year students.
- Career guidance classes for B.Com students
- ‘Earn While Learn’ programme
- Career awareness class on Computer Courses
- Seminar on Career Enhancement and personality Development.
- Online tests in association with Big leap Solutions, Bangalore.
- Seminar on Career opportunities in association with campus placement Manager Bangalore.
- Participation in the Micro tec Genius Hunt organized by KGI, Koshys B – School, Bangalore.
- Career opportunities class and test in association with Jet-King, Chennai
- Seminar on Higher studies in association with Sambram Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- A Seminar on ‘Career and Future’ in association with chintech, Kannur.
- Helped students to prepare and participate in different campus placement programmes
- Campus Placement: Arya Sathyanadhan, Jasna K, Dilsha M, Shinsha E, Sreevidya A C, Anu P Raju, Deepthi K M, Sidharth P, Arjun K, Madhun P (III B Sc Computer Science) and Anoop C, Sreelal P (III B Sc Mathematics) of our College was given placement offers by different Multinational Companies during this year.
- “Ladder” – PSC registration and coaching Programmefor SC/ST candidates in Chavassery, Valliad, keezhur and Kunnoth colonies.
- “Sprout” – A class on opportunities for Higher education and career for final year degree students by CIGI, Kozhikode.
- “PEP (Personal Enrichment Programme)” – A class on Personality Development and Soft skills for the first year degree students.
- One day workshop on the following topics.
Motivation and Attitude
Time Management and
- Career oriented one day workshop.
- “Entry into service programme.
- Coaching camp for NET Exams.
- Coaching Camp for entry into service .
- NET Coaching
- Horizon’ – 2011
- Preparation for campus recruitments.
- Inter Collegiate and Inter Higher Secondary School Essay Contest
- Move To Grow - Career Orientation Programme
- Orientation Programme on MBA as a carrier in association with ICFAI, Kannur.
- Mock MAT entrance test :For students with the help of TIME Institution, Kannur.
- Assess by Techruit -An online test for the 3rd year Degree students in association with Techruit, Chennai
- Awareness programme on Future trading by J.R.G. Securities Ltd.
- Free Scholarship test for MBA entrance Exam by TIME Institute.
- Empower IT Malabar programme.
- Campus recruitment in association with professional consultancy.
- Free Scholarship test for MCA entrance.
- 'MBA as a destination’ programme in association with TIME.
- Free on line test by Techruit Chennai
- ‘Spread your Wings’ – Training Programmes for I Year students.
- ‘Passion to excel’ - Career Seminar for Final Year students