PO 1. Critical Thinking
1. Acquire the ability to apply the basic tenets of logic and science to thoughts,
actions and interventions.
2. Develop the ability to chart out a progressive direction for actions and interventions by learning to recognize the presence of hegemonic ideology within certain dominant notions.
3. Develop self-critical abilities and also the ability to view positions, problems and social issues from plural perspectives.
PO 2. Effective Citizenship
1. Learn to participate in nation building by adhering to the principles of sovereignty
of the nation, socialism, secularism, democracy and the values that guide a
2. Develop and practice gender sensitive attitudes, environmental awareness, the ability to understand and resist various kinds of discriminations and empathetic social awareness about various kinds of marginalisation.
3. Internalise certain highlights of the nation’s and region’s history. Especially of the freedom movement, the renaissance within native societies and the project of modernisation of the post-colonial society.
PO 3. Effective Communication
1. Acquire the ability to speak, write, read and listen clearly in person and through
electronic media in both English and in one Modern Indian Language
2. Learn to articulate analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of situations and themes in a well-informed manner.
3. Generate hypothesis and articulate assent or dissent by employing both reason and creative thinking
PO 4. Interdisciplinarity
1. Perceive knowledge as an organic comprehensive, interrelated and integrated
faculty of the human mind
2. Understand the issues of environmental contexts and sustainable development as a basic interdisciplinary concern of all disciplines.
3. Develop aesthetic, social, humanistic and artistic sensibilities for problem solving and evolving a comprehensive perspective.
PSO1 Understand the concepts of Computer Science and Applications.
PSO2 Understand the concepts of System Software and Application Software.
PSO3 Understand the concepts of Algorithms and Programming.
PSO4 Understand the concepts of Computer Networks and Operating Systems
PSO5 Design, develop, implement and test software systems to meet the given specifications, following the principles of Software Engineering.
The department of computer science was established in July 1995. Department started functioning with Computer Science as the subsidiary subject paper for Mathematics and Physics courses. B.Sc Computer Science was started in the year 1999. The Minister for Education P.J.Joseph inaugurated the course. In 2003 a university centre for M.Sc Computer Science course was started. In 2006 a UGC aided add on course – Web Technology became a part of the academic programme of the department. Dr.Chandramohan, the then Vice Chancellor of Kannur University inaugurated the course. At present the department of computer science has five permanent faculty members.
The department has excellent laboratory facilities in the most modern computing environments. At present the labs has 60 desktop computers . The students have easy access to these facilities . Department manages a department level library comprising books centrally related to the syllabus and also some valuable reference books.
Department maintains commendable and inspiring results from the beginning itself. Our alumni have secured admissions in various reputed institutions and universities all over India and are working in various government organizations and top class IT companies in India and abroad . The practical oriented teaching attitude makes the student proficient in programming thereby enabling them to be competent in the growing software industry. Department has been regularly organizing seminars, workshops, symposia etc. in order to provide a proper scholarly exposure to the student community.
|Institution||No. of students|
The department has a well-equipped computer lab with sixty computers. Two Laser Jet printers and one scanner are also arranged in the lab. All the academic project activities and programs are carried out through the lab. For this purpose advanced soft wares and utilities are installed to the system in accordance with the needs of the students and the staff.
Department is maintaining a department level library which contains various reference books of relevant topics. Library provides the copies of previous project records for the reference.
|Grades||Number of students|
|Year||Name||Rank / Grade|
|2003||Rajeesh K V||I|
|2003||Dayana A C||II|
|2003||Jisha C M||III|
|2004||Sajina P K||I|
|2005||Augustina Nice Jam||III|
|2014||Athira K V||A|
|2016||Rajeev C Nair||B+|
|2019||Ramsheena T K||I|
|2020||Ashitha O M||I|
|2022||Farhana Musthafa M||I|
|2023||Adeeba K N||I|